This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
ACCESS STATEMENT FOR CRANLEIGH
Cranleigh is located on Newbridge Hill in Newbridge a suburb of the city of Bath, located 1.8 miles to the west of the city centre (Bath Abbey).
Approach to the property is flat.
Cranleigh has 10 guest rooms. Two rooms are located on the ground floor. None of the guest rooms has an adaptation for wheelchair users. The two ground floor rooms are large enough for a wheelchair user with limited mobility.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01225 310197 or email email@example.com.
• Bath Spa Station & Bath Bus Station are located 2.1 miles from Cranleigh in Bath city centre. Assistance is available if required. A taxi rank is located outside Bath Spa station, accessible taxis are available.
• Oldfield Park train station is located 1.2 miles from Cranleigh. This is an unmanned station.
• Bus No’s: 1, 37 and 319 operate from Bath Bus Station and serve Newbridge Road. For Cranleigh, you will need to alight at Penn Lea Road / Newbridge Surgery and walk about 150 metres west to Cranleigh. During the day time these services run every 30 minutes, these are less frequent at night and on Sundays/Bank Holidays.
• The streets and pavements surrounding Cranleigh are tarmac.
• Wheelchair hire/shop mobility schemes are available in Bath City Centre and our reception can provide information on this.
• Information regarding Cranleigh is available on our website cranleighbath.com. Individual users can increase the text size using their website browser setting. Any customer requiring printed literature in large print may request this from reception or a staff member.
CAR PARKING AND ARRIVAL
• Free of charge on-street parking is available on Newbridge Hill.
• Cranleigh has a small private car park with a tarmac surface, with space for up to 4 cars and 1 motorbike. This is accessible via a narrow steep driveway. It is not possible to turn cars around in the car park.
• The entrance to Cranleigh is via a tarmac pathway from Newbridge Hill. Car park users will need to walk up the driveway at the side of the property to Newbridge hill to access the property entrance., this is a steep incline.
• For drop off and pick up vehicles may pull up in front of the driveway at the side of the property where the curb is lowered.
• The front door has two small steps, 9cm (3.5 inches) each. The door opening is 94cm (37 inches) wide. No level access is provided.
• If required luggage can be collected from vehicles and delivered to guest bedrooms.
• From the front door, you will enter the reception area, this area is level throughout, seating is available.
• Floor surface is wooden, this are is well lit with a number of ceiling lights and lamps. At night the amount of light is reduced but can be increased if required.
• Staff will offer assistance at check-in including the use of pen and paper and computer screen for those who are deaf or hard of hearing. A magnifying glass is available.
• All customer arriving during our normal reception opening hours are shown around the property by a staff member.
• Cranleigh has 10 guest rooms. Two rooms are located on the ground floor. None of the guest rooms has an adaptation for wheelchair users. The two ground floor rooms are large enough for a wheelchair user with limited mobility.
• Bedrooms are numbered 1-10 with raised numbers.
• Bedroom door opening is 29cm (28.75 inches) wide.
• The majority of our room has zip and link beds and can be offered as twin beds or (super) king size. Other rooms have king or super king beds. Our larger Superior room can also accommodate extra pull out / roll-out beds.
• The normal bed/mattress height is 66cm (26 inches).
• Bedrooms are lit using a central ceiling light, and additional bedside lamps.
• All guest bedrooms are carpeted with a medium-thick pile carpet.
• Non-allergenic bedding is used as standard.
• All room has a digital TV with subtitles, audio description is available, subject to programming.
BATHROOMS, SHOWER-ROOMS & TOILETS
• All guest bedrooms have en-suite facilities.
• Door opening to ensuite is 70cm (27.5 inches).
• Majority of ensuite are shower only. Shower tray lip is 15cm (6 inches). Cranleigh two rooms on the first and second floor with showers over baths.
• W/C seats are 41cm (16inch) from the floor.
• Bathroom are lit using ceiling spotlights or central ceiling light and over mirror light.
• Bathroom floors are tiled or vinyl floor covering.
• Basins are fitted with separate hot and cold taps with knob or cross handles.
PUBLIC AREAS – HALLS, STAIRS, LANDINGS, CORRIDORS
• Stairs and landing are lit using central ceiling lights. A wall-mounted night light is used between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am.
• Stairs and landing are carpeted using a medium to thick pile.
• There is a total of 21 steps between the ground and first floor. There is a 90-degree turn after 14 steps. One handrail is provided on the right-hand side (left when descending)
• There is a total of 19 steps between the first and second floors. There are two 90 degree turns; one after 8 steps the other after 14 steps. One handrail is provided on the right-hand side (left when descending)
PUBLIC AREAS – LOUNGE
• Our dining room is used are a guest lounge area when not in use.
• The dining room is located on the ground floor with a small step/lip, 2.5 cm (1 inch) from the reception and entrance.
• The door opening is 72cm (28.5 inches)
• The dining room has a hardwood floor.
• The room is furnished with a selection of dining table and chairs. The majority of the chairs are upright without arms, some table has comfortable bucket-style chairs.
• Space is available for a wheelchair at between tables.
• This room has a wall-mounted TV. This is normally mute showing BBC News with subtitles.
• This room is lit using a central ceiling light.
• Cold food is available from a self-service sideboard. Assistance from a staff member is available upon request.
• Hot food and drinks are made to order and served at the table.
• In the afternoon a self-service tea coffee area is available from the sideboard, assist from a staff member is available if required.
• Cranleigh does not have a public WC in this area.
• The rear garden is currently out of use due to development work.
• Duty managers are trained in the evacuation of the building. This will include a sweep of all guest rooms.
• Cranleigh welcomes assistance dogs and we are happy to meet the requirements of the guest in this instance.
• Low energy lighting is used throughout the property. This is currently being upgraded to low energy LED lighting.
• Nearest hospital: Royal United Hospital, Combe Park, Bath. 0.5 miles from Cranleigh.
• Nearest doctors surgery and pharmacy: Newbridge Surgery, Newbridge Hill, 150m (500ft).
• Free of charge wireless internet access is available throughout the building, including in all guest rooms.
• We will shortly be introducing an accessibility awareness program for all of our staff members.
Address (Inc postcode): 159 Newbridge Hill Bath BA1 3PX
Telephone: 01225 310197
Grid Reference: 51.388211, 2.396997
Hours Of Operation: 8 am – 6 pm
Local Equipment Hire: One-Stop Shop 3-4 Manvers Street Bath BA1 1JQ
Local Accessible Taxi: Bath Spa Taxis 01225 313131
Local Public Transport: First Bus (http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/bristol_bath/)